Saturday, March 3, 2012

Flashback! The Ninth


10/14/2004
Pyg pyg pyg -
Hey! Both our nick names are three letters long! How fun! Lol. Right. Anyway - man, what an emotionally bazaar weekend! Oh the freedoms away from the American Law system! You know, i was talking with the woman that runs the council for drug and alcoholism here in Santa Barbara, and she said that the rates of alcoholism are much higher in Europe than here - which surprised me because so many people have told me that we'd have less alcholics if we took away the excitment of the illegality - apparently that's a load of #*$%. Anyways - alcohol is such a funny thing, you know what else is funny about it? I only just learned how to spell it right in the last month. I'm so smart! "S-M-R-T" as Bart Simpson says. If anything, this weekend was a demonstration of how much more mature and wise you are than most people our age - even so, sometimes it freaking sucks to be that, because you wish you could be like everyone else and not have to think about how retarded stuff like that is. I'm sorry that you had to see that in your X, there is still more time in this semester for him to change - and time after. Life change is never an instant process, so we can't just fully write him off at all. Mostly - i think that's to say that this does nothing to reflect on your own judgement or choice in having dated him - and i'm sure that in all the annoyance, that you are truly concerned with the potential he's wasting by these choices in behavior. [and i agree by the way, nothin' wrong with his drinking - but why brag/obsess about it? I can hardly ever get over how lame that always feels! If you were really cool, you wouldn't have to talk about it - it would be obvious] anyways - enough on that, i'm sorry it sucked, but i'm glad you're having so much more fun!
So i really love reading your email and getting to feel like you're excited with me! :) I was chatting with Nate on the phone last night and as he was handing me over to Manny i heard him call out "your future wife is on the phone" and it really threw me for a loop and got me super excited!!! SO BAZAAR!!! You are right, it is my mom's day - and especially since her mother completely planned her wedding, she deserves to have a voice for once! I've been emailing her a ton already, so i think we're off to a good start. We are thinking santa barbara, as i said - keep yourself open around early june!! Its so weird because basically its a done deal now, because we both know we both want it, my parents were the last hurtle, but there's still no ring/proposal, so i don't want it to really get out because there will be no excitement in actually showing off the ring itself - but most of the people that matter already know - i'm just trying not to let myself get too excited - we kinda threw ourselves a little party after my parents left [after crying and crashing and sleeping for a few hours] and that was fun, but i'm trying not to get too carried away before the whole process is complete, you know? its kinda fun, people coming up to you and saying stuff! He he. And by all means i love the idea of you being my personal assistant - not so much the other terms you used, but that's ok :) especially, i will be interested in contributions to music - in what i'm envisioning, i want our elders in the way of couples [parents/grandparents] - to "dedicate" a hymn/song for the ceremony, and our friends to dedicate songs for us for the reception, just sort of to represent that we are what we are thanks to the amazing support and contributions etc. of the people that helped get us here. Do you also remember the idea of watching millions of wedding movies in preparation for getting married, i'm definately going to need to put you in charge of that! :) otherwise, i hardly even know how to start, i have a few other details in mind, but i'm clueless about this stuff. I have a few examples to follow, but i'm gonna have to do a lil research on how this all works. Again, that's what mom's are for. Catherine lewis' wedding was such a collage of her friends' efforts and love - and i really loved how she was able to pull that all together, so i'd love to do the same in any way possible. So if you have ideas or want to be crafty for something, throw the thoughts my way! I'm excited to brainstorm! I'm getting carried away. I have got to focus on work!! AH!! Ok. I love you! I am very much looking forward to this excuse to spend lots of money to call you!!! :) I hope your week starts to make up for your weekend, but remember - its ok to cry and feel nasty, and i love you i love you i love you. You are my pyg!!! 
LURV,
zoe faith

No comments:

Post a Comment