Thursday, March 15, 2012

some things i've been thinking about lately...

Random musings...go!
  • Now that Eiley is mobile, I find myself saying be careful all the time. Tonight, I realized that saying be careful to anyone is almost always pointless. (For example, one Christmas I received an mp3 player in hard plastic packaging. I was using a knife to cut it open, and my mother said be careful, and I rather sarcastically said okaaaaay. I promptly cut my finger open with said knife. She tried to warn me, but it just didn't do any good. Please note that I found this hilarious.) Tonight, I also realized that saying be careful to a baby is completely pointless. I might as well be saying yaddablahmcgrawr. Even after I came to this realization, I said be careful no less than three more times. Oh well.
  • I've tried to find the "like" button on several work emails this week. It would just be nice to be able to acknowledge that I've read things even when a response isn't necessary, you know?
  • I love it when God reveals himself to me at unexpected times. This week, Eiley had just finished eating, and she gets this big, goofy grin on her face and stares at me, and BAM I felt pretty much bowled over with His love - amazed that He'd entrust me with that smile. Also, two nights ago, Jeff and I were watching Parenthood, and they start playing "It Is Well," and God and I had another moment. This time because it hadn't been feeling well with my soul, but listening to those lyrics made me pause and pray and I realized that all is well when I turn to Him. Yep, I got all that from an episode of a TV show.

Gah.
  • I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins this weekend. I went heavy on the chocolate chips. I don't want to brag, but I could have eaten all 16 of them.
  • I've been watching a lot of TV lately because we just got hulu+, and it kind of makes me feel guilty. How much TV do you all watch? I always feel like I should be doing something else with my time.
  • Big rigs without trailers make me sad. They're like giant heads wandering the freeways without bodies. I'm certain it humiliates them.
Pooooor big rig.
End of thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. Look at you, chef Emily! I want a muffin!! I feel uncomfortable around trailer less big rigs. I have traditionally (for ~6 years) watched 3+ hours of tv/ night. I wanted to cut back but lately I get only 3 hours ish/week and it's not enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you were here, i'd have saved you a muffin. that's love.

      i'm glad you feel similarly about those sad big rigs.

      3+ hours a night makes me feel better. i think i'm at about 2 most of the time.

      Delete