Saturday, March 17, 2012

Flashback! The eleventh.


10/26/04

zoe.  honestly.  come on.  my imagination is starting to fill in the blanks and
i´m coming up with my own story about your engagement.  ;)

i love you!
emily


10/26/04

Oook - so my mom thinks we need to go photoshoot the whole path of the evening and put it into an illustrated version of the story.  But i guess i can give you the simple version first.

So . . . Around wed. manny announced "we're going to dinner Friday night, just so you know" - he never does this at all, never plans ahead, that's way too anal for his style.  So i already get incredibly excited!  And he isn't terribly set on not telling me where, but we debate back and forth about whether I want to know.  Eventually, i just start guessing instead.  Then i admitted that i was afraid to guess one certain place cause i kinda really wanted to go there and i was afraid to find out that wasn't it.  So - he started guessing what that was.  SO fun - we kept guessing like every restaurant in town and never hit the same one, so basically, i knew i was going where i wanted to go - which was Primo, a tiny hole in the wall, completely cramped little italian restaurant that we saw in the first few months of our dating then went for our anniversary and then second valentine's day.  This means, it really really is a special evening, so i'm a wreck of anxiety and excitement.  But i'd already gotten my hopes up that all the signs pointed to last Saturday night being the night and i was sorely disappointed and wound up fighting with manny all night instead.  Argh. So - i wasn't betting my life on it or anything, sometimes the boy just surprises me with being sweet.  But in anticipation and hoping for the best, i was a whirlwind as soon as i got home trying to beautify myself as much as possible - i wore his favorite shirt and a new skirt and his fav. Hairstyle and even put on make up - wo! :)  and he came to pick me up, he told me i needed walking shoes, so i had to run upstairs to grab them.  As i did, i heard tiffany [who was downstairs greeting manny] gasp.  Then when i came down, she took pictures of us before we went out - kinda like your parents on prom night - definitely fishy - definitely a good sign  in my opinion.  Also - kinda awkward!  Anyway, so we went, and as we were driving to dinner, the path he took was totally not towards primo - but turns out he was trying to throw me off by going round about, and we were in fact going to primo - points for manny! Perfect choice!  And dinner was SO much fun! We were just giddy and in love and having a great time together. We almost didn't get a table cause the place is so small and he didn't make reservations and apparently it's become more popular, but we barely did - the table that literally blocks the entrance - sort of awkward, but romantic in its own humble little way.  So dinner was great, happy food, happy us.  Once we finally decided it was time to give up our table for someone else, he suggested we go hang out at Borders. Now this really threw me off actually.  I thought maybe the walking shoes were for my non-high-heeled comfort for state steet.  We wandered around borders, judging books by their covers, literally, and having a great time exploring and romping around - yes, borders is our playground, we are totally nerds.  I think he must have by that point told me he loved me or that i was beautiful around 100 times - that could actually be a literal count - he was being so sweet [which isn't too different from normal, but still fun as always] and his eyes were just sparkling with excitement.  I was having a blast, but it was all so loose and unstructured or rushed or anything, so i thought -well, maybe there isn't a grand plan, and we'll just have to be having plain fun tonight vs. engagement fun. Oh well.  But after about an hour, i felt the fun start to wane - so i said i was done with borders.  He was like "oh, are you sure you're done with borders? You don't want to hang out any longer?" i was like "no, we're having so much fun, i want to leave before we even start to get bored with it" because i have actually fallen asleep in borders several times while he's been looking at math books! He asked if there was anything else i wanted to do for the night - i quite simply declined and so he said, "well, we can just go back to campus" so we did.  And he asked me to throw my walking shoes on so we could take one of our campus walks. Yay! So - we take our walk and we're still having a blast being goofy and talking and being crazy about each other, but he keeps interrupting me to say like, "remember when we tried to come sit in the hammock but someone was sitting there so we had to go read on the bench" and stuff like that all over the campus, then he took me down to the track where he asked me to be his girlfriend [because we used to go sit down by the track and talk when we were first getting to know each other] and we stood and held each other and he told me how much he loved me and how much he's loved the past year and 8 months we've had together, and how he always wants to be the one to love and take care of me, etc. and then he looks into my eyes and says, "Zoe Stewart, will you be my princess?" and i said "yes!" and he said "Zoe Stewart, will you be my queen?" and i said "yes!" and then he knelt down on one knee and grabbed both of my hands and said "zoe stewart, will you be my wife?" and opened the little jewelry box with the ring in it. And i just kissed him, and said "yes, a thousand times yes" and kissed him and he said "but you haven't even looked at the ring!" lol - and i said "silly, i don't need to see the ring, YES!"  and then he slid it on my finger and we just hugged and smiled and i think i probably said yes alot more times.  And the moon was so bright that there were hardly any shadows anywhere, and you could see the stars so beautifully - it was perfect.  And then we came back to his cottage.  We walked in and Nate and Aaron were like, "so are you guys going to go on a walk?" and i was all, "it's ok guys, we already went, we're engaged!" and they gave us a huge hug and i had some kind of ear ache and nate squished my ear and it killed, but it was a sweet group hug anyway.  Then we called our parents and you and then i crashed on his couch with him watching the end of Kate and Leopold.  And then he drove me home and i went straight to bed without even telling my roommates. I came home pretty early too - and i looked really beat - so tiffany thought it had gone bad - oops.  But it was wonderful. And nearly just as wonderful is getting to tell people now and everyone giving us hugs and being so excited -  a woman at work brought me flowers today! How sweet is that!??!?!?!?  I like being engaged!! :)  so that's the story and i'm sticking to it!  I hope this satisfies your curiosity.  And now its time to leave work - we have a double date with one of manny's professors - how great is that?!?!?! I'm so stoked! His wife is making us spaghetti with meat balls and we're just gonna watch a movie.  Yay!  Also - this afternoon was so great, we addressed christmas party invitations for the Gaedes [1600 invites! To address in 2 afternoons] and we drank apple cider, ate yummy snacks and listened to christmas music while it rained outside.  Lovely.  My hand aches like a mother, but i feel really relaxed otherwise!

And how are you chica??  How did that test go?  Any traveling adventures this weekend? 

Love you!
Zoe faith

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm glad I wrote you that email. All these years later, it brings back memories long forgotten! I love my husband!

    ReplyDelete