Saturday, March 10, 2012

Flashback! The Tenth


10/18/2004
Update from London (I went last week with Lilit, Jessica, Jana, and Stephanie):
1. Slept in the London Stanstead airport for two nights and lived to tell about it, although I thought I was going to die because of cold. Never sleep on marble.
2. Saw Chicago! Awesome. (Although apparently I missed David Hasselhoff as Billy Flynn by mere weeks).
3. Took a lot of touristy pictures in Trafalgar Square (where a pigeon attacked me) and in front of Big Ben ("Look kids! Parliament! Big Ben!).
 4. Enjoyed every minute of riding the underground ("Mind the gap please." I think I need to live in a city with a subway someday because I just love it.)
5. Went to Camden Street and shopped for a long time and only bought a thumb ring because England is freaking expensive. But Camden Street was glorious.
6. Okay, little story: I was walking down the street at night with the girls when a hot Australian man stopped me and said "YOU are VERY attractive". Then he and his British friend tried to get us to go on a bar crawl with them and when we declined they said "Oh no, you’re not going to meet your blokes are you?”  Ha . . . blokes.  Then they said more funny things, then both kissed my hand and shook everyone else’s hands (I felt very special even though they were DRUNK) and left.
7. Went to Westminster Abbey and attended Evensong. Little boys singing for Jesus – there’s nothing better, really.
8. I realized how much I love Spain and why God put me on this program. 
Update from Toledo (That was this weekend with my school)
1. Saw the windmills from Don Quixote (this was cool even though I haven’t actually read the book).
2. Saw El Greco’s most famous paintings, which we’d been studying! Amazing!
3. (This one is for Ani, Josh, and Cute) Invented Truth-or-Dare Old Maid on the bus.  Talked for hours with Seth, Andy, and Lilit.
4. Said "Holy Toledo!" a lot.
5. This town was amazing...everything is still super old and hilly and the streets are made with stones. Also, they make a lot of swords, so there were swords everywhere. (They made the ring from Lord of the Rings in Toledo, for you nerds out there).
That’s all!
Love, joy, peace, and all the other fruits,
Emily

10/18/2004
Wow. As always, wow.
The end
Love
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment