Tuesday, March 13, 2012

eiley experimentation: feeding

Feeding Eiley is an adventure. I seriously love it. It's like a living science experiment with each new food.


So far, she likes sweet potatoes, peas, peaches, rice cereal, and acorn squash.


She hates green beans, avocado, and carrots. This week, I tried feeding her carrots for a second time. She refused to swallow the one mouthful I gave her, and it ended up sliding down her throat and hitting her gag reflex, making her vomit. That'll teach me.


I'm not worried about it though. I'm a world class picky eater, and I've survived without green beans just fine thus far. Plus, her vehement disdain for certain foods is pretty freaking entertaining. I actually purposely put on a "watch Eiley spazz out over green beans" show for a few friends on my birthday. She did not disappoint. 


Here's an example, though it's not as intense as some other reactions of hers that I've seen:


Coming soon to a table near Eiley: blueberries, plums, butternut squash, chicken, and yogurt!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with her on the avocado. Blech. Although you should warn her that she'll get some pretty strange looks for that one in California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She just gets cuter every time I see her. That had me close to tears! XOXO, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way she looked at the camera and cringed immediately after you said, "Let's have some green beans." It was very Zack Morris-esque.

    ReplyDelete