Saturday, March 31, 2012

Flashback! the thirteenth.


10/19/2004
hi mrs. reyes! (HA! WHOA!)
of COURSE I'm excited with you, silly . . . . I’d like to think that you and Manny wouldn’t be together if it weren’t for me (this may not be true, but give me my moment of feeling important), and I love you both so it’s way exciting to see you being married!  Are you guys thinking big or small or in between sized wedding?  I like your idea of influential older couples dedicating songs to you for your wedding – that would be very special and memorable.  Also, my suggestion is that you do a few things to make the actual ceremony fun that way people aren’t bored and you don’t get too overwhelmed with emotion.  Nothing tacky, just something fun
emily pyg pyg pyg

10/19/2004
ha ha - wow. ok - the email program i use at work shows you the first three
lines of each email when its new, so all i saw was the "hi mrs. reyes!" and it
made me laugh.
right now, i'm writing you while sitting by my big window where the rain is
pattering outside, with norah jones humming on my computer. do you remember
thanksgiving weekend at you house when we listened to her so much? i was
picturing that so vividly when we were at the concert!! How many hours did I spend in front of my laptop staring at that picture of Manny and steeping in Norah Jones songs over and over and over – I probably forced your parents to stare at that picture multiple times.  What a great weekend, dreaming of Manny, making lefse with all the generations of women in your family – one big mess altogether in the kitchen, it was like an initiation into your world!   i miss your mom's Propels and watching tv and movies for hours on end in your living room.  i get to watch so much tv now - we'd have so much fun together if you were here!!  also - you'd probably help me do more than tv like ping-pong (as much as I suck) or random hikes (remember the time we walked all the way down to Blenders and I nearly died but you were so patient with my pathetic-out-of-shape-self anyway?), or mad dashes around courtyards (remember the night we ran around screaming in our shorts and tank tops to distract ourselves from the unbearable heat?) all of which would be healthy.  but i do i guess, my schedule is super packed really - well, packed enough that i see manny only like one night a week. 
ummm . . . i think i'm out of things to say.  

I LOVE YOU!!

-zoe faith

No comments:

Post a Comment