Saturday, February 18, 2012

Flashback! the Seventh

10/6/2004


Subject: Monkeys in Gibralter

Okay, Z...I feel like whatever Stan the Man said was very wise, but somehow I missed it in your message. Could you maybe rephrase or something because I want to know :).

Your description of your yard was delightful and makes me wish more than anything to go sit in your hammock with you, where we could have our long talks or read to each other with leisure :).
don't forget, you have my phone number here for...you know . . . whenever ;).

Have to keep this short because I’m supposed to be working on a group project right now!

I love love love you!
Pyg


P.S. You can ask Manny the meaning of my subject line. (Provided that he’s read the email I sent him, he’ll know what it means.)


10/6/2004


Hey Pyg -
What Stan was talking about was this whole Master Plan process - where we want these new buildings so we can be a better school, but the community won't let it happen and what was supposed to get done in 1979 is still in this ridiculous waiting process. My point was just that this time of anticipation is hard - when there's alot of frustration and angst and anxiety and stuff [and now i feel like i'm making it worse rather than helping at all - by putting it this way] but when you're looking back on it from heaven, things will look different - the question is, from that perspective, will you know you handled it the way you should have - with patience and perseverence and everything. It just seems to me that looking at it that way eases some of that anxiety cause it takes you out of the pain of the moment itself by realizing its part of who you're supposed to be and how you're supposed to get where you belong - in other words, that in that moment, you are in God's hands. I love Switchfoots line "if its in my head, its in your hands" - that just gets me every time. Does that make any more sense?
I gotta run to staff chapel.
LOVE YOU!!!
Zoe faith






10/7/2004 






hey you,
here's what she means... :)
mlr
Quoting eboyd@westmont.edu:

Manny, did you know that there’s an entire city filled with monkeys here in Spain?  It’s true, there is.  Its called Gibraltar and I very much want to go there.

Also, Zoe told me that her parents are coming this weekend, and I just wanted to let you know that I’ll be praying for you a lot! I’m also so glad that God has blessed my roommate with such a cool boyfriend (that’s you ;) ) and I’ll be praying that He’ll be with you as you move forward in that relationship.
Love you lots!
 Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment