Monday, February 6, 2012

The First Ever Lobster Contest! Day One.

Since I am moving soonish, I thought - what better way to clear out some crap treasures than to have a contest on the blog? This week, Zoe and I will post two truths and a lie every day. Leave your guess as to which is a lie, and whoever has the most correct guesses at the end of the week will win this amazing prize pack:
That's one cheesy movie, one Tigger antenna ball, one slightly
used Easter themed Post-it pad, and actually quite a good book.
So, without further ado, ROUND ONE!


Emily:
1. My mom and my sister have both, without consulting each other and for different occasions, given me the beautiful gift of unicorn band-aids.
2. In elementary school, I once wrapped an avocado pit in paper I had colored and gave it to a friend as part of her birthday gift.
3. In junior high, I openly wept when my grandpa's wife gave me a pair of super girly, sparkly shoes for Christmas.


Zoe:
1. I once received two pet ducks as a gift for Easter. My parents let us keep them and their acid poop completely killed all the grass in our back yard. Their names were Daisy and Jemima.  
2. My family once got a pet cockatiel and named it "Wolfie" after Mozart. When Wolfie died after one week, my parents got us a replacement cockatiel, which we named "Wolfie two." Wolfie 2 also died after one week. That was the end of the cockatiels.
3. When my mother was pregnant with me, my dad suggested I be named "Dixie." The next day, my mother went to the pet store and bought a cocker spaniel. My dad was thrilled when she brought the dog home, until my mother announced, "the dog's name is Dixie." 




p.s. we figure this does not break our chain of movie review monday, as part of the prize pack, is indeed a movie. Emily has described it as "cheesy," that counts as a review, right?


UPDATE: To learn the truth about our lies and learn who won the contest, read the full reveal post here.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, these are all so very detailed and specific! My guess is that for Emily, #3 is the lie, and for Zoe, #2 is the lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that #1 is a lie for both emily and zoe. i'm new here. i'm jenny bolton. hi zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily = #2 , Zoe = #3

    Emily, I'd like to think that you really did openly weep over a pair of sparkly shoes. I only think it's true because you were in middle school. I, on the other hand, would still do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily: 2.
    Zoe: 1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily #2 (it was a Christmas gift)
    Zoe #1 (those were not their names)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, 3 and Zoe, 2. Miss you tons, Zoe. xoxox

    And good luck with the move, Emily. :)

    ReplyDelete