Saturday, February 4, 2012

Flashback! the Sixth

10/5/2004


Dearest roomie of life,


My request is that you call me very soon after Manny proposes...I don’t even care what time it is.  I just want to be one of the first to know even though I’m stuck in another country.  This may be selfish of me, but I don’t care.  I might even squeal like a little girl for you.


I think perhaps I will read Mansfield Park next. I remember that you made me watch the movie and I found it to be delightful, so reading the book would be great, and then we could discuss and it would be just like bedtime stories, except from across the ocean.


YOU HAVE A HAMMOCK?!?!


When I get back, I’m hoping to live in VK. I don’t really have a huge preference where I end up, I just don’t want to be in Clark. :) (I was never a fan and I never will be a fan)


I love you and I’ll be praying for you . . . would it be okay if I sent an email to Manny letting him know that I’m praying for him too or would that be weird?


Much love to ya, sistah!
Emily

10/5/2004

Oh precious pyg -


[kinda tempting right there to call you "pyggie"! Oh heavens wouldn't that be awful! ;) ] 
i know for a fact that Manny would be so uplifted and encouraged and honored to hear from you, especially knowing that you'd be praying for us. 


I feel kinda silly, but Stan [yes, Gaede] said something the other day that really made me stop and think and i want to think about this way more, so i'm sharing it with others too - he was talking about the master plan process and all the waiting and agony and tension and frustrations we are having to go through - and he said 

"Think about this and how it will look, looking back on it from Heaven. And see if how you feel about having done the right thing in the process." 


And I thought that was cool cause it was like saying "this too shall pass," "fix your eyes on Jesus," etc. [lots of phrases that have become a little cliche but are still true] all in one. And it was really cool, i've been looking at Manny and I that way, trying to keep a more heavenly attitude when i get all tense thinking about how my parents might react, and it really relieves some stress - and it even helped me see that the conversation we have with them this weekend is a ministry opportunity - i think that's something God's been working on in my heart for a few weeks, but it finally really hit me and the Spirit prayed that through me when Manny and i prayed about it the other night and its really helped to change my attitude. My parents are super stressed out with so many things in life right now, and my relationship with them has been part of that, but this is a chance to honor them by making the ultimate declaration of their importance to my life and my future and everything they've done to raise me to be who i am today, etc. Among other things. It took the focus off me, because in heaven, i'll finally be rid of this ridiculous self and be so consumed with the love of God which is currently slowly growing in me. 


You sent me your address - did that include your phone number? I will call you if it happens - don't worry! Cause there ain't nothin like a squeel from pyg! 


Yay!! Please read Mansfield Park! And an emphasis on the "next" too - cause i know as soon as you start it, i'll be way behind you, but i'd love to know we're reading the same thing again! How do you get a hold of books? Do you read them in English or spanish? Do you find a lot of typical books you'd easily find here, over there and translated?


And yes, yes i do have a hammock. That was my birthday present this year - a free standing hammock since i have a backyard to put it in. i have it under this pear tree on the back corner of our house, nestled in by my garden, with partial shade, so sometimes you can even feel the warmth of the full sun, but usually its shaded enough so you can stay cool if you want to. It's SO wonderful!! I get home from work and just collapse in it and stare at the sky. And the great thing is, if i move to an apartment even without a yard, its free standing, so it could fit inside - it'd have to be a pretty large room for the stand, but it could happen. And if it doesn't fit, i'll just loan it out until i have a place to put it - i'm sure i could find someone who would take it off my hands for a bit! Can't wait till you can come try it out with me! :)
Grrrrreat to hear from ya!
Lurv
z


[PS - flash-present. My hammock is now freestanding inside an unused room in my house, from which I can look out at the snow. wow. it's like i'm a prophetess or something.]

No comments:

Post a Comment