Saturday, September 3, 2011

Snapshot Saturday 16: yellow [brick] road


I like this shot for its shallow depth of field, and for the way the composition leads your eye from one corner to another, like a little path. I also enjoy how beautiful such humble little flowers can look. These are just ground cover surrounding a park. Simple ground cover, but so sunny and sweet.

Do you know people like that? Delightful, beautiful people placed in ordinary places? Someone charming at the DMV, a kind garbage collector, a funny accountant? Little rays of sunshine in places you weren't expecting to find joy? Tell me about someone you've witnessed like that.

2 comments:

  1. At the hospital where my baby was born (and where my OB's office is), they offer free valet parking. There is a valet there who remembered me after the very first time he parked my car; every time after that he would greet me by name. I went for a checkup recently, and he still remembered me, even though it had been months since I'd been there! It feels really special and welcoming to be greeted by name, especially at a place like the hospital. I imagine that if I were going there for more serious reasons, it would be an even brighter spot in my day.

    P.S. I finally learned HIS name the last time I was there. I felt terrible that I didn't know it! (I had thought it was Zach....turns out it's Ian.)

    P.P.S. I guess I sound extremely lazy talking about using valet parking all the time. It actually reflects on my habitual tardiness--there are rarely open parking spaces anywhere close to the door, so when I'm running behind, valet parking is the only way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy sounds super sweet, Maria!

    This week, Jeff and I were speaking with a lady from our insurance company, figuring out allllll our medical bills. She was not only patient, but super positive and kind. It made talking about our expenses bearable. Plus her name was Emily!

    ReplyDelete