Friday, December 2, 2011

poorly written movie moments: part two

A husband and wife relax on a couch, exhausted after a day of travel. Their newborn flails and coos on the couch next to them, surrounded by her adoring great-grandmother, great-aunt, great-grandfather, and second cousin. The husband and wife close their eyes, just as baby's grandfather starts to play his guitar and grandmother sings a worship song. 




Hallmark movie? Lifetime? OWN? No, no, no. This little scene happened on Thanksgiving Day when everyone was meeting Eiley for the first time. I actually sat there thinking about how cheesy the whole scene was. How I would gag if I saw this in a Christian film. How my sister and I would mock it all. How Kirk Cameron should really be in the room, fawning over the baby with my grandma and singing with my mom. 


I might have teared up just a little bit because it also happened to be a completely genuine moment. And hey, I was jet lagged. Shut up about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment