Friday, December 30, 2011

one handed baby skillz

Like most babies, Eiley Grace loves to be held. Unlike most mommas, I am not very adept at doing things one handed. Often, I have to put her down and scramble to get things done while she whines or cries. Here are a few things I've learned to do well though:

  • Stir a boiling pot.
  • Type 29 wpm with the right hand and 27 wpm with the left.
  • Laundry.
  • Throw a ball for Buster.
  • Put eyeliner on my lower lash line (the upper line is way too advanced for me).
  • Pull things out of the oven (this ones terrifies me and I try not to do it often).
  • Take pictures with weird lighting.
Weird lighting and super pink wardrobe.
  • Wash my right hand (is washing your hand pointless if the other is still germy?).
  • Go to the bathroom. I realize that's kind of icky, but let's examine: unbuttoning pants, unzipping them, pulling them down, [doo dee doo dah], then pulling them up, buttoning, and zipping again. I admit that somewhere in this process, I usually use two hands and pin Eiley under my arm like a human clutch purse, but still. That's impressive stuff.
  • Dance to 10 Minute Solution Hip Hop or Dance Central for Kinect (even though I have to take it kind of easy so no one gets shaken too much). 
  • Play cards or dominoes or Bananagrams.
  • Eat!
  • Drink!
  • Be merry!
I have grown a new appreciation for Bethany Hamilton.

Do any other Lobster Mamas have special one handed baby skillz?

1 comment:

  1. lol. thank you for the labels, I did not know who Bethany Hamilton was. Congrats on your new skilz. I used to do some hand washing one handed, and this blog was started one handed, while nursing to boot. But now my baby is just to squirmy, and my skilz have regressed. So I stand in awe of you, Lobster Mama! Esp. the wpm - nice!

    ReplyDelete