Saturday, December 24, 2011

Flashback! The second.

9/18/2004

Spain:  Week 3

1)  I am now enrolled in Salsa classes here.  I am taking Salsa classes from a Cuban guy named Giovani in Spain.  I am SO cool.  We´ve had our first two lessons already, and while I still can´t move my hips yet, Giovani says I follow very well.  I concur.
2)  We went to Cordoba yesterday to see the mosque that we´ve been studying in history of art.  That was pretty cool, but the best part was the Christian chapel INSIDE the mosque.  That chapel was chock full of majesty.  That´s right...majesty.  I can´t even begin to describe it, so if you´re curious about it please look it up.  (Also, while we were there, I witnessed Brian Olsen buying an amazing arab/spanish suit thing.  man, that kid is weird. :) (Hi Ashley!))
C)  We went to a flamenco tavern on Thursday, which was so cool.  There was one guy belting out the most unique and powerful songs I´ve probably ever heard, one guy was on guitar, and the audience seemed to be full of professional clappers.  Awesome.  I love clapping.  After we saw that guy, we went into the next room (slash cave...this place was old) and there was another guy playing piano.  Since I love piano so much, this entertained me more than anything.  He played so beautifully that I considered crying for an instant (but then quickly remembered my meman status), and then he played this super fast song, then continued playing the same song with his hands crossed - playing the same parts with different hands.  It was amazing.
IV)  We went to church last Sunday and it really struck me how famous God truly is.  We sang songs very similar to those we might sing at home, except in Spanish of course, and it moved me to know that our God can truly be found everywhere. I have also witnessed that Satan is everywhere in this world, as four Spanish clowns were working their evil right by our apartment a few days ago.  One was on stilts.  Unacceptable.  I made Lilit walk an alternate route home with me so we could avoid them. 

Point the last) Today two of my friends and I went swimming at the Hotel Alfonso XIII, which is a fancy-schmancy hotel that was built for a king a really long time ago.  We had to sneak in, and we even used their towels.  wo0t.

Oops...this is long.  Sorry, kids.

Love, joy, peace, and all the other fruits,
Emily

9/20/2004

Wow Emily!! Wow wow wow!! It really sounds like things are picking up for you! What amazing amazing things you are getting to do!!  Wow wow wow!!  Should I be expecting a notebook coming my way any time soon?

Lurv
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment