Saturday, December 17, 2011

Flashback! The first.

Saturdays will now be devoted to a series of flashbacks, mostly from Fall 2004, when I was in Spain and Zoe was [spoiler alert] about to get engaged and was finishing up college. Zoe and I think they're interesting, but it's really hard to tell since we're the ones who wrote them. If you don't like them, please feel free to leave an anonymous comment of "STOP" and a suggestion for a different Saturday subject. Okay, disclaimering over.


. . . wait, not just yet. Can I make a disclaimer about how I don't mean to offend anyone from Stanford? I've since met plenty of lovely Stanford folks, I just had a couple off putting experiences on some visits to friends there during college - a San Francisco scavenger hunt gone wrong. k. That's all. proceed . . . 


 Ready? Go!

9/2/2004
Subject: an email just for you

ha.  tricked you.  group email.  (learned that one from the great nick baer). 
so i´m in sevilla.  woooo.  mostly i don´t like it and i want to go home, but
i´m pretty sure that could change.  things i like about here:

1.  SIESTA.  required nap time.  thank you, Jesus.
2.  meeting cool new people that are also on the program.  (although people
from Stanford scare me.  i sat next to a Stanford guy on the 8 hour plane ride from chicago to madrid and i was overwhelmed by his freakish intelligence). 3.  i saw three Spanish guys jump off the bridge outside our school today...right next to the sign that says "no swimming".
4.  there is a mcdonald´s next door to the school.  not down the street or a
few doors down...NEXT DOOR. 

well that´s all i can come up with for now.  please write or call or do both. 
love you all!

Emily 



9/2/2004

Hey chica!
I'm sorry you don't like it much, but I totally feel ya.  I hope things become comfortable and not too exhausting to participate in.  Yay for Siestas!! I strongly feel that the entire globe needs to institute that policy!!!  Are there people there not from Stanford?  I told you they were freaky!!  And it makes me so happy that you are next to McDonalds, what a relief to have some "comfort food" so close!! That just makes me so happy for you! :)  gotta run, write more soon.

Lurv
Z

9/3/2004
zoeeee- 
thanks for your email!  i have been blessed with an abundance of emails each time i check it, and i always get SO excited!  i hope it continues throughout the semester! 

things here are already getting much better. yesterday our lola told us all about the students that have stayed with her before and i understood about 3/4 of what she said, which was thrilling!  
love lahve lurve
emily

9/3/2004

Pygieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -

My guess is you'd hate that as a nick name - I'm just following the "zoeeee" example, which I in fact do like - I love off shoots of zoe, keeps things exciting, but "Pygieeeee" probably has too much association with "Miss Piggie" and although you believe muppets are cool, I doubt she is the muppet you would want to be associated with.  So, the real question is, which muppet WOULD you like to be associated with? 

Right right - grown up talk now.  I'm so glad things are looking up!!  You probably won't even really notice how good your spanish is getting, but when you come back and realize how bad all of us are at it.  :) 
LOVE YOU!!!!

Have an awesome time!

-zfs 

No comments:

Post a Comment