Monday, November 14, 2011

Movie Review Monday#26: My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

I think I've already proven that I am a sucker for bad made-for-tv movies, but I had been avoiding this one because it stars Alyssa Milano and I haven't really liked her since 1992 (that's the year Who's the Boss ended, folks). Well, I was craving some cheese a few nights ago, and this was the only movie I could find on Netflix that I hadn't watched yet and would be cheesy enough. So I watched it - and I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised.

Observations:
1. First of all, I was wrong about it being a made-for-tv movie. Turns out it's actually an indie. The cover just looks like it was created by the ABC Family marketing department, don't you agree?
Plus that title is lame-azoid.
2. There was actually some pretty good dialogue in this film. Alyssa and Christopher Gorham had nice chemistry, and there were some very natural moments in their conversations.
3. Christopher Gorham is goofily adorable. I wonder why he's not more famous.
4. Tom Lenk played Alyssa's brother, and he was pretty hilarious. I have enjoyed him since his stint on Buffy. In this film he is a minor celebrity because he's the reluctant spokesman for a gum company. This actor is a master of awkwardness.
5. While you know throughout the entire film who she's going to choose, there is still a twist at the end. And I am not the easiest person to twist on. So that was kind of neat.

All in all, I give this a claw and a half up. If you're in the mood for a simple little romantic comedy, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment