Wednesday, November 9, 2011

a love list for eiley grace

Some things I love about you, Eiley:


You are an excellent hand warmer.


You look good in literally every outfit. You even rocked those PJs with the rainbows, smiling suns, and ruffle butt. Sorry about that.


You have the cutest voice. Even though you don't know any words, I could listen to you talk all day.


You smile almost every time I smile at you. 


You have comically bad hair. It looks like you stuck your finger in a socket.


You are an ideal nap buddy.


You are an excellent listener, even when I'm using terrible voices while reading Charlotte's Web.


You are a loyal friend to Clarence, the pink stuffed bird on your car seat.


You are a handy conversation piece.


Sometimes when you start to cry you sound like a cat.


You let me chew on your cheeks, just a little bit, whenever I want.


You have never laughed at the same thing twice. While I wish I could hear your laugh all the time, at least this shows me that you're a connoisseur of comedy.


You enjoy long walks on the beach (or around the neighborhood or at the botanical gardens), like all quality single people should.


You go to sleep so easily and let me sleep until 7 or 8 every morning.*

You are mine, and I love you.






*I have been very hesitant to mention this because I know it could change any day, and I feel like I'm jinxing it. But Miss Eiley has slept through the night since she was about five weeks old. And I thought it was time for some gratitude. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, Emmy! I also think it's time for you to do a top 10 (or 9 or 11) list of your best lists and this should be #1.

    ReplyDelete