Saturday, August 27, 2011

Snapshot Saturday #15: just dandy



Oh Lobsters, if only you could have seen me taking these photos. Please picture: woman walking down the sidewalk, slows to a stop, crouches down with phone pointed at the grass, leans over a bit, is now fully on her side scooting around, rolling a bit to get the right angle. Now, add in the fact that she has a baby strapped to her chest and is trying to work her camera phone around the head that sits awkwardly below her chin. Who is thinking to themselves right now, "I've fallen and I can't get up" because I'm sure that thought crossed the mind of one or two passers-by, though no one stopped to help so it must have looked more weird than disconcerting. As I strode through the crosswalk in the background, I was thinking to myself, "what a waste, I didn't even get a decent shot. I looked a fool for nothing." But as I downloaded the pictures later, my husband said, "pretty" - so I took a closer look and decided I did actually like one or two [there were several more that did not make the cut]. At least I got what I was after. I like how these two shots capture different temperatures of the same image.

Have you ever powered through a publicly embarrassing moment to get something you were after? Do tell!

1 comment:

  1. Been there done that.... Not strapped on an Ergo, though! I have done other interesting things attached to a baby. :)

    ReplyDelete