Monday, August 29, 2011

Movie Review Monday #15: Camp Rocks 1 & 2

I am not ashamed to say it: I enjoyed the Camp Rock movies. I stumbled across them on Netflix Instant, and I watched them both. Observations:

1. Disney is brilliant. I honestly don't understand why I can enjoy these films but not all cheesy tween musicals. For example, I tried to watch Standing Ovation, and I couldn't make it past the opening credits, it was that bad. Maybe growing up near Disneyland brainwashed me or something.
2. Demi Lovato is actually talented. I mean, who knows what she could do in a live performance, but the stuff she recorded for the film was surprisingly impressive.
3. I now understand the appeal of 2 out of 3 of the Jonas Brothers. By the end of Camp Rock 2, I was, like, totally crushing.
4. The third Jonas brother is, hands down, the worst actor in the history of acting. I do not exaggerate. Also he's weird looking. Also, he happens to be the one who's married in real life.
5. The music was catchy, the costumes were bright and cheery, the dancing was high energy fun. What more could I ask for?
6. Why is it that many Disney films are based on "misunderstandings," which are actually just children straight up lying to each other? In this film, Demi Lovato claims that her mom is a rich music producer. When the truth is revealed in the end, she is embarrassed, but suffers very few consequences. I'm not sure it's sending the best message, but it's still so freaking happy.
7. I can't believe I just admitted any of this. Next week's review will be of a very deep, important movie. I don't know which one yet, but it's going to help me start to get your respect back, Lobsters. I promise.

One claw up!

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm Joe Jonas (2 of 3) = total hottie, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that the 1 comment on here would be from Miss Kim... she's our Disney tween musical soulmate.

    ReplyDelete