Saturday, August 6, 2011

We've Moved!

It's official! We are a family of "Mainers" now. Our flight got in late Wednesday night, we picked up our car on Thursday, and we got our keys Friday.

Sofia has been an amazing trooper through it all. I feel horrible for all the stress of traveling, different residences every few nights, millions of new faces that she has had to endure. Not to mention the lack of routine or play space she's had to suffer. If she never learns to walk, I'll blame it on the move. Can't blame her for taking lots of naps!




While crashing at a colleague's place, waiting for the keys to our house, we already enjoyed some beautiful rain and checked out the farmer's market. 

Farmer's Market on the Town Green.  Remind anyone else of Gilmore Girls?
PS - yes they were selling lobster off the back of a truck. We ARE in Maine!

We got the keys to the house, but our moving truck won't arrive until Monday, so we're just camping out [sleeping bags and all] and standing in awe of this amazing place where we get to live. Oh - and enjoying the housewarming present Emily sent to Sofia - and alphabet book called L is for Lobsterall about the state of Maine. All three of us are learning so much! How Emily finds things like this never ceases to amaze me! Thanks Auntie Em!

We're feeling pretty happy about our new digs!
It amazes me that we don't still live in an apartment. The house is amazing. And yet, what I find myself totally captivated by right now is the fact that we have a yard. Last night, we picniced on our back porch and enjoyed dusk together. 

First meal in our new home. Gourmet!
I told Manny that I feel like we have our own personal state park. It all feels too good to be true. But I keep reminding myself that it hasn't started to snow yet. For now, I will revel in my bliss and take the weather as it comes. 

Today, we are off to a Lobster shack. Can you believe that Manny and I have never REALLY had lobster? Not a bad first place to check it out, eh? We'll let you know how that goes!

Thanks to everyone who has sent well wishes along our way. More updates to come on settling in as our stuff arrives. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend, Lobsters!



6 comments:

  1. sounds so fun already!!! it's beautiful! maine looks fabulous so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful yard! can't wait to see more of your new space :) welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what an awesome yard! I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your new home so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for picnics in the backyard!! How are the mosquitoes in your neck of the woods? The Gong Girls have been covered with red welts from all of our backyard picnics, but it's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that last photo! You don't look stressed at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! It looks like such a lovely place and you all look so happy- even Sofia!

    ReplyDelete