Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flashback! the sixteenth.

10/27/04
Spain update:
I felt the need to do something stereotypical of the off-campus student, and since I don’t like alcohol and have never had the desire to get tattooed, this was my choice: to get my eye brow pierced. Right after they did it, I almost fainted. The man that pierced me kept making fun of me in his broken English ("I scared, I scared") but then I tried to get up and he pushed me down, saying I was too white in the face. Then they told me to eat some "chocolate"...well, since chocolate is a special words for a type of drug here, I got really flustered and refused, but then he laughed, told me it was light chocolate ("Don’t worry! You won’t get fat from it!”) and handed me regular milk chocolate. (Although one tasted funny and I kept thinking I was going to be high. I wasn’t, no worries!) I am proud to say that I didn’t actually faint. my friends couldn’t go back with me to the piercing room, so I was not able to squeeze Seth’s hand until it fell off (this was the former plan).  The good news is that it didn’t hurt at all! Right after it was over and I had only felt a tiny pinch, I asked if it was over, to which Seth replied “Are you kidding?! There’s a bit thing coming out of your face!” (It was some thing they put in before the bar goes in).    
Needless to say, my senora HATES it. I walked in the door and she said "AYE!" and then said a lot of things faster than she’s ever talked before (which is REALLY fast. I think maybe she wasn’t just talking. It was like angry gibberish). After scolding me for about 20 minutes, she calmly said "I’m not criticizing you, I just don’t like it.” Ha. Oh, Lola.
Excuse the hurried email, I only had two minutes....
Love you all!
Emily
10/24/04
Hey cool!
I'm liking the eyebrow piercing! It fits you well!! :)
Your z
10/27/04
We did go to the presidents ball - so fun, as always - everyone was running up to us grabbing my hand and screaming! It felt like a giant, fancy engagement party just for us! Yay! We checked out a possible site yesterday - el encanto - it could be amazing,
The end
lv
me 


[P.S. by the way, present day Emily, Happy 400th post! lahve! -present day Zoë]

No comments:

Post a Comment