Saturday, January 7, 2012

Flashback! The third.


9/26/2004

Spain Week something:

1)  I kayaked on the Guadalquivir.  Okay, the guy I kayaked with (Andy from St. Louis) and I decided it was more like a plastic log than a kayak, but it was still awesome.  Our canoa was caught under a cave kind of place at one point, but you´ll all be glad to know we lived.
2)  We went to Isla Mágica!  That´s an amusement park here that is riddled with pirate propoganda.  They even had a Fantasmic kind of show that told the tale of a pirate named Salva Tierra (well, it involved a pirate and a genie.  it was a little complicated and confusing, but I was still amused).  Afterwards, we all dined at a chinese food restaurant for over two hours (don´t anyone get too excited about my eating habits.  I enjoyed chicken, french fries and ice cream there).
C)  Seth, Andy and I jumped off the side of the river.  (Our school director
banned us from jumping off the bridge, but she failed to mention the wall next to the bridge.)  The wall we jumped from was about 15 feet up, so it wasn´t thrilling, but it was cool (except MAN that river stinks).

4)  Yesterday Seth, Andy and I dared to enter a Spanish peluqueria to get our hair cut (hairs cut?  haircuts?) and disaster ensued.  They both currently look like they belong in the army (Seth asked if I liked it and I was completely honest and said no) and I look like...well I´ve never had so many layers in my life.  The guys attempted to convince me that I have a mullet.  I don´t.  Also, the woman washing my hair seemed to be simultaneously torturing me with her claws of death.  Once again, I lived.  And my hair will grow back, right? 
5)  My salsa instructor says that I´m like a column because I can´t move my hips.  I keep trying to tell him that I don´t HAVE hips.
Point the last)  I attended a bullfight.  I have to equate that experience with
a baseball game:  a few exciting moments mixed in with a few hours of waiting
for those moments (sorry, Ani and Fatty...it´s true) and the best part was
hanging out with people there.  Also, it was revolting and awesome all at the
same time.

Thanks to all who have been emailing.  And to those of you who haven´t...grawr.  ;)

Love and squishiness!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment