Saturday, January 28, 2012

Flashback! The fifth.


10/4/2004

Z-Dawg

Never apologize for being boring because you just aren´t!  I found your email highly engaging and the reason for this is five-fold:

1.  Seth is a terrific friend and he´s very attractive...unfortunately he is about 4 inches shorter than me, and you know height is one of my uncompromising desires.
2.  Your parents are coming???  Do you think that could be a time when Manny might ask for your hand?
3.  I just saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind here last week with Seth and Andy!  It was amazing and thought-provoking, and it really made me value the time I had with my ex-boyfriend, even if it caused both of us so much pain. 
4.  Jane Austin!  I just read Pride and Prejudice last week!!!  I loved it so much that I couldn´t put it down.  Your girliness truly must have had some effect on me when we were roomies ;).  Now I am reading Jane Eyre for the first time.  So far I liked Pride and Prejudice better, but both are thoroughly exciting.  Also, it´s freaking sweet to have so much time for leisure reading. 
5.  5 episodes of Friends a day?!  Oh how dreadfully jealous you have made me.  I honestly miss that show.  I would even be content watching it in Spanish because I know all the lines anyway...the translation wouldn´t be challenging at all! 

Okay, I should go...I love you and I miss you!!!!
Emily
Pyg
Grace
Boyd

10/4/2004

He he - you are sweet, i am so glad not to have bored you!

Re: 1) are you going to England soon?  Have you been keeping in touch with Joel, your ex?  Is he liking England? 

Re: 2) yes, my parents are coming. Yes, manny will be asking. Yes, i am in a state of mad terror.

Re: 3) isn't it SUCH a beautiful movie?!?!?!  Oh my goodness. I couldn't believe it.  I saw it in theaters, but i didn't think it could have possibly been as good as i remember thinking it was, and it was even better.  I think its so wonderful and challenging and convicting and gorgeous.  It's the best acting I've ever seen jim carey do - and kate winslet was a whole new person, and she was fabulous. You know what's crazy? You hardly ever actually see the real her - you mostly just see her as his memory constructs her to be, kinda interesting to think about!

Re: 4) yay for Pride and Prejudice!!! So great isn't it? Erin and i have been meaning to get the long movie version and hole up with some sweets and hot drinks and warm blankets and watch it some time.  I should re-read that someday, after i've read the million other books i want to read. But mansfield is so good, its so way different from the movie so far, but i'm so into it. I've been trying for weeks to find a book i could get into and i finally have.  Yay!  And edmund is even more precious in the book than he is in the movie.  I would definately recommend it if you continue to have such a blessing of time to read. So i take it classes and such are not too strenuous? If you've only begun to study?  Last night, i came home after a bible study and was so ready to hunker down and get my homework done, until i realized i had none, so i watched the Rock as the Scorpian King, because that was all i had to do!! WOW! Graduation is fun! :)

Re: 5) yeah - Friends, it's become almost a disease, with so many happy side effects! Its great cause it's one thing all of us love in our little house, so it helps us want to spend some time together if we're around.  Not so much talking and getting to know each other, but it's still good.

Thought on your return - you definately have to come sleep over at my new place and we can have a fire in the fire place and read our "me talk pretty someday" book in my hammock, and watch lots and lots of FRIENDS. What do you say? 

Who/Where/What are you living when you come back? [ps-the what was random because that's as humorous as i get] are you going to be on campus or off campus with someone? 

Ok. That is all. Zoe is hungry and must consume soup! :) 

LOVE YOU!

Zoe faith

Ps - i also REALLY love getting so many personal emails from you as you are away! Makes my day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment