Friday, October 14, 2011

fall fun fun fun

I decided yesterday that fall is my favorite season on the east coast. It's the right temperature to be outside (a rarity here, as it's generally too hot and humid or too freezing), and the trees are lovely. And I suppose I love fall on the better coast too, though summer is my favorite over there. Last weekend, we had a perfect fall day.

We triumphed over a corn maze.
And we only freaked out a little.
We relaxed on a hayride.
On my left is a sliver of the stranger who thought he was my BFF.
We tried to socialize with goats.
This goat was totally giving Aunt Tab the cold shoulder. We later discovered that if you sing "The Lonely Goatherd" from Sound of Music to him, he will find you engaging for approximately one verse.
We shot corn out of a corn gun.
That's a normal fall activity, right? Right.
We picked a pumpkin.
We picked that purple one. And they let us take it home for free!
And we went home, good and tuckered out.
Awww.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. kudos to you for not letting a baby keep you from getting out and having fun! LOVE love love that last shot - precious! I am filled with agony right this minute over the fact that I have still not gotten to meet this lil pumpkin in person. sometimes, long distance really sucks. thank goodness for awesome blogs that help ease the pain ;)

    ReplyDelete