Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sabbath Sunday #22

Choosing Sabbath rest has become more important and more fruitful for me than ever before, since Sofia has come into my life. Perhaps it is more complex, in that my work is caring for her, and it is not something I can ever take a day off from. But choosing not to heap chores or expectations on top of that, accepting the breaks Manny provides by caring for her on that day for a couple hours, is perhaps one of the most important things that gets me through the week [as evidenced by the weeks I fail and how miserably I fall apart as a result]. So I am hoping I can be faithful in resting today. We will return to a church for a third time [yay!] in hopes that we might be finding a home in this faith community. And other than that, I do not know what the day will hold, but I pray for the blessing (for myself, and for you, Lobsters) of resting in the trust that God is the One who provides for me, not me for myself.

How are you resting in that trust today, Lobsters?

1 comment:

  1. We "rested" on Sunday by having a date night! They are very few and far between for us right now, and it was nice to not cook/clean or need to feed and bathe Emily last night. Greg and I definitely felt rested!

    ReplyDelete