Saturday, June 25, 2011

Snapshot Saturday #6: quack


Points to the person who can identify the children's book this sculpture commemorates. Double points if you can identify the location of the shot. This represents the very first book I read on my own. I took the shot when we were on the verge of trying to get pregnant and trying to figure out where in the country we were going to live ~ pretty appropriate to this story! There's a lot of emotion wrapped up in this image for me!

What is a childhood book that holds significance for you, and why?

4 comments:

  1. Is it "Make Way For Ducklings"? I don't know where the picture was taken, though.

    My favorite book was "Puff the Blue Kitten" - an old Golden Book at my grandparents' farm house. I loved the story and the illustrations, and I still love to remember reading with my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. points Maria! you are correct. This is a statue dedicated to Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey. I've never heard of Puff the Blue Kitten - but what a sweet memory!

    Anybody know where the statue is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay Audree_buttercup! indeed it is. points!

    still waiting for someone to correctly identify the image from this post:

    http://www.longdistancelobsters.com/2011/06/snapshot-saturday-4-mossy.html

    ReplyDelete