Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy First Father's Day, Jeffrey!

Dear Jeffrey,


This year, I have seen you persevere through 18 hours of me laboring when you'd only had about 2 hours of sleep. 




I've seen you have patience with me as I totally did not keep my cool when I had trouble learning how to nurse.


I've seen your forearm get ripped from constantly bobbing ten pounds to sleep.


I've seen your pinky get pruny from pacifying Eiley.


I've seen your face light up every single time you greet our daughter.
Photo by Sarah Grice


I've seen you willingly change diapers. Even the ones you knew would be icky.


I've seen you take the baby exactly when I was at the end of my rope.


I've seen you proudly display pictures and talk so positively about our little girl.




I've seen you carry so many bags that I was compelled to refer to you as a pack mule.


I've seen you work tirelessly to make our comedy connoisseur giggle.


I've seen you take the lead on remembering when to feed Eiley, when to change her, when to put her down for a nap, when to entertain her, and when to just let her cry. 


I've seen you love, love, love your daughter, while loving me and loving others. 


And it's safe to say she loves you back. And so do I!


You really are the tops.


Happy Father's Day!


[Oh, and to my own Daddy: I still think you're wonderful too! You may read last year's post to remind yourself of that fact. I will also add that you are an amazing Grandpa now too. Eiley would like to add "YAHYAHYAHYAHYAH!"]

1 comment:

  1. This was beautiful! I especially related to the part about making your comedy connoisseur giggle.

    ReplyDelete