Friday, June 29, 2012

Cooking with Zoe: Summer Salad

In the process of weeding through chaos in our backyard, we've found several patches where previous owners had been cultivating beautiful strawberry plants. Where I've been able to clear sufficient weeds, and the plants have gotten sufficient sun, some beautiful strawberries have grown forth. They are are delicious! 





I can hardly get over the joy of this unexpected treat. So to share some of that joy with you, I thought I'd pass along an easy recipe for a tasty summery salad that uses strawberries. This pun was unintended, but I learned the recipe from my cousin's wife, whose name is Joy. My recipe instructions here will be very loosey goosey, proportion as you prefer.

Ingredients:

strawberries, sliced
hearts of palm, sliced
salad nuts [such as walnuts or pecans]
salad cheese [such as gorgonzola crumbles]
lettuce [I used red leaf]
dressing [such as basalmic vinaigrette]

Directions:

Mix all the above, serve, and enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I do this same salad with poppyseed dressing! It is probably my favorite way to do salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum! Poppyseed dressing sounds delicious with this salad!!

      Delete