Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sabbath Sunday: Happy Mothers' Day!

Happy Mothers' Day, Lobsters!
I hope you are all doing something lovely for your own mothers today! And for those of you who are yourselves mothers, I hope you are feeling loved and appreciated today. I for one, am grateful for what you do to care for your little ones. Even if I do not know you, the love you give your child will make the world my child grows up in a better place, and for that I thank you.

In particular, I must issue a note of gratitude to my own mother for her decades of love and care for me and my baby sister. Even though we are no longer little, she cares for us just the same. For example, in a period of twelve months, she is going to have helped our family execute five moves [us, herself, both her parents and in-laws, and my sister - a big year of transition for our family!]. That's just ridiculous! 

I found this picture of the three of us on the back porch of the house I grew up in and I can't stop looking at it because it makes me feel so happy. Mom, there's no way to properly thank you for giving me such beautiful memories. Thank you for bringing me into the world with such joy. I love you! 





I also want to thank my mom! Mama, you are fun (please see photo 1 for evidence), beautiful (please see photo 2), creative (please see blog post you wrote earlier this week), intelligent (please see photo 3...wait, nevermind, just trust me on this one), generous (please see me living in your house again next month), and loving. You are my dear friend, and I love you to bitsies. I can't wait to hang out with you in just 17 days!


JUMPING! (What you lack in springiness you make up for in jazzy hands.)
In case you've forgotten, these are our beautiful supermodel poses.
You're welcome for this.
 Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Can't see this for the tears! A mom's worth is measured by the excellence of her children. I must be "freaky awesome"!

    ReplyDelete