Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Snapshot Saturday #13: whose pants are these anyway?


People often ask me what type of photo equipment I use and recommend. This shot was taken with my dinky old cellphone. Ok - not a masterpiece, but what a quirky sight to run across while walking around the Cal State East Bay campus?! I wish I knew who to credit for this creative art piece - if anyone knows, do tell! Also - points to anyone who can identify the post title reference.

UPDATE (5/22/12): Thanks to an anonymous commenter who tipped me off to the name of the artist of this installation, Ali Sharifi. Here's an article about the piece. I love learning the the meaning and significance behind this, to know that it is not just quirky, it is also insightful and purposeful. Thanks commenter, and thanks Ali!

When has a piece of public art caught you off guard and brightened up your day?

3 comments:

  1. five iron frenzy. what kind of points do i get? do they buy me anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was done by the artist Ali Sharifi.

    ReplyDelete