Thursday, August 21, 2014

Easter People Devotionals: 21

For an explanation of this series, click here. To see a collection of all the Devotionals in the series so far, click here.

Day 21:
Man Of Sorrows, Writers: Matt Crocker , Brooke Ligertwood

Verse 1
F Bb F
Man of sorrows, Lamb of God
Bb F C
By His own betrayed
Dm Bb Dm
The sin of man and wrath of God
Bb C F
Has been on Jesus laid

Verse 2
Silent as He stood accused
Beaten, mocked, and scorned
Bowing to the Father's will
he took a crown of thorns

Chorus
Dm Bb F C
Oh, that rugged cross, my salvation
Dm Bb C
Where Your love poured out over me
Bb F C Dm
Now my soul cries out hallelujah
Bb C F
Praise and honor unto Thee

Verse 3
Sent of heaven, God's own Son
To purchase and redeem
And reconcile the very ones
Who nailed Him to that tree

Bridge
Dm Bb
Now my debt is paid
F C
It is paid in full
Dm Bb
By the precious blood
F C
That my Jesus spilled
Dm Bb
Now the curse of sin
F C
Has no hold on me
D Bb
Whom the Son sets free
F C
Oh is free indeed

Verse 4
See the stone is rolled away
Behold the empty tomb
Hallelujah, God be praised
He's risen from the grave

No comments:

Post a Comment