Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our Romantic Fifth Anniversary

Jeff and I celebrated our fifth anniversary on Friday. Well, I use the term "celebrated" loosely. We did meet up at Rubio's on his lunch break for about 45 minutes. We also had dinner together for about 30 minutes before he went to perform in a production of "The Matchmaker" in Hollywood. He brought me flowers, I wrote him an epic card. Doesn't sound terribly romantic, does it? Well, let me tell you about romance. 

The day after our anniversary, Jeff helped me prepare for a party I was throwing that evening. He cleaned the house and took care of our toddler while I ran errands, then he assisted in arranging tables and thought through seating for me. I didn't ask him to do any of that, especially since it was for a bridal shower that he obviously wasn't going to attend. He just offered. That's romance.

The day after that, I came down with a mystery illness that left me shivering in bed, crying for no apparent reason other than miserable aches. He gave me medication, held me to warm me up, and didn't even call me a wuss when I cried. That's romance.

The day after that, I was still sick and he came home from work with the worst migraine ever. He laid on the couch, and I took off his shoes and put his feet up for him. Romance.

Once his Excedrin kicked in he felt better, but I was still sick so he prepared soup for my dinner. Romance.

In the midst of all this, our Internet stopped working, and like a freaking genius I pushed the reset button on our router. Apparently that put everything back to factory settings, which meant we had no clue what our password was because we changed it from the original back in October. I am ashamed to admit I'd done this once before many months ago, but somehow forgot about that ordeal and did it a second time. Instead of telling me I'm an idiot (which would have been accurate), Jeff just sat down and fixed it. It probably took a couple hours, but he was so calm about it. ROMANCE.

We're going to get away some time next month to celebrate in a happier, more traditionally romantic way, but I'm proud of the solid marriage that Jeff and I have even when life isn't all a shiny, fairytale romance. I'm grateful to be married to such a wonderful man, and I'm pleased to team up with him for better or worse.

Engagement picture by Chris Humphreys



3 comments:

  1. wonderful description of romance and all i can say is... amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim K's ex husband took your engagement photos? Also, that is all very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True romance. Love it. Happy fifth anniversary dear friends!

    ReplyDelete